Cleaning our body comes first before embellishing it. We can’t desagree about that! And that’s the ultimate goal of the Moroccan Hammam ritual.
I’m sure everybody loves to feel clean and fresh, that’s why I decided to write today about the best “body cleaning” ritual ever.
Moroccan Hammam Ritual
As Moroccan, I can’t imagine spending more than a week without the Moroccan Hammam, which can be defined simply by a weekly ritual of deep cleaning of the skin and hair. Its routine goes like this:
- Hair and body masks: That’s the best time to take care of the hair and body. We know we will take a deep bath so let’s make the nourishing masks we prefer like Moroccan Henna with Argan Oil and cider vinegar for hair .Give it about half an hour while you prepare the Hammam.
- Get your skin wet with relatively hot water. When it comes to Hammam, the hotter is better if you can stand for it. The hot water prepares the skin to be exfoliated easily.
- Put Moroccan soap on all your skin. Leave it for at least 10 minutes and start exfoliating with the Moroccan exfoliating glove. make sure to exfoliate in the direction toward the heart. You’ll be amazed by the skin cells that goes off, you’re peeled almost like a carrot!
- If you didn’t exfoliate since much time, chances are that you’ll need to peel twice or more to get rid of all the dead skin cells. You’ll know you’re done when you see no more skin cells going off with the exfoliating glove.
- After you clean all your skin from the dead skin cells with hot water, you can hydrate it with Ghassol( lava clay). You make a dough with this clay and rose water, if not available then simply water does the work. Put it on all your skin and leave it to hydrate and repair it.
- Wash it off and clean your hair with natural shampoo if available. You can use Ghassol also to rinse it and it works also as fairly good natural shampoo, even if it makes no bubbles!
- When you finish, you may want a massage. If it’s possible for you then please go for it!
- You’re done!
You’ll feel so exhausted especially if it’s the first time to do it, and you may need to sleep.
When you wake up you’ll feel very clean, light, renewed and completely regenerated. It’s such amazing feeling that you’ll be grateful for the hard work you did exfoliating the whole of your skin!
I consider this routine to be a weekly self-care appointment that’s definitely important. If I miss it one week I feel like I didn’t fill my cup!
Give it a try and tell us how did you experience it, and what is your specific ritual of self care.